I-Noise Reduction Device
The I-NRD is a multi-functional noise reduction device which has been designed attenuate the noise level from a racing rotary engine exhaust as well as to exhibit several other beneficial features. The features of the I-NRD include:
- The reduction of the sound level exiting an engine from an unrestricted exhaust or unmuffled value of 130+ db-A to as low as required.
- Minimal or no loss of performance in high power output engines, such as those used in motorsports. In some applications the I-NRD can make more power than a similar size straight-through muffler.
- Extremely high durability and reliability so that it can last a full season of endurance racing, >100+ hours per season, without failure, rebuild or repairs.
- Very lightweight, often achieving a 25% or greater reduction in weight than alternative units.
- Occupy as small a space as possible so that it can easily be packaged in a prototype style race car or an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) where space is at a premium.
- Reduce the outer skin temperature of the I-NRD to as close to ambient temperature as possible. The outer skin of the I-NRD could be touched with a bare hand immediately after coming off the track when its thermal acoustical structure was in good condition.
An I-NRD before the 24 hours of Daytona